“Battle Tanks” is a funny battle on your desk, where you can choose one of three vehicles and eliminate your enemy using the whole arsenal of weapons.
“Battle Tanks” is a multiplayer game in the first place. LAN game, Internet game and split screen mode are available, and also a mixed mode is possible, when two players use split screen on the server computer, and others connect via LAN. Four modes are possible: deathmatch, team deatchmatch, capture the flag and cooperative game.
“Battle Tanks” is cross-platform. Both Windows, Linux and Mac fans are welcome on the battlefield where they will settle their quarrels in the name of weapons.
- Free distribution and open source
The multiplayer version is licensed under GNU GPL. This means two things. Firstly, it doesn’t cost anything for you. You can download it for free and share with your friends, with no preliminary or future fees. And secondly, the full source code of the game is available, so any guy who knows C++ can poke his nose there and probably find some surprises that developers have prepared for curious fans.
- Old-school oriented
Builders of “Battle Tanks” love these good old arcades of the past century. So they have tried hard to implement everything best of these old arcade games.
- Three vehicles: tank, Shilka, and rocket launcher. Each vehicle has its special features.
- Lots of weapons: four types of ammo, six types of rockets, landing troops, mines, and so on.
(See a full list).
- 13 multiplayer maps (nine ones for deathmatch and four ones for cooperative mode) in different locations such as city, village, forest, desert and so on.
- Game world that reacts on player. Roads have traffic, buildings can be destroyed, weather effects are simulated…
- Lots of war objects: troops, vehicles, helicopters and other.
- Keyboard and gamepad are supported.